Sunday, December 6, 2009

28TH ANNUAL KENTUCKY DEPT. OF LIBRARIES BOOK FAIR

28TH ANNUAL KENTUCKY DEPT. OF LIBRARIES BOOK FAIR

I was one of 200 authors invited to participate in the Kentucky Department of Libraries Book Fair, which was held in the capital city of Frankfort.

For the official numbers here goes:

Top sellers for individual titles include: Burch, Hatter and Hughes, James Archambeault, Senator George McGovern, Silas House, Gary West, Tori Murden McClure, Barbara Napier, Allan Eckert, David Dick, Sallie Clay Lanham with Rebecca D. Bolton and Mary Nash Cox, PAMELA WHINNERY, Joy Perrine, Phyllis George, Chester Zoeller and Mark Wayne Adams.

We had $141,000 in sales---very very good in light of this year’s economy.
3900 patrons attended.
Of the 523 titles offered for sale, nearly 7300 books were sold.

The Director Connie Crowe sent this information to me.


As this was a new adventure for me, I knew it would be fun.

However, it was more enjoyable, because Connie Crowe was so helpful and patient in answering my numerous questions. I did try to tell as many people with committee tags and Member at Large tags, etc. how much I appreciated her help and that I thought she did a great job. They all told me she was a Saint.

And the volunteers!!! I can’t say enough about how much I appreciated their checking on me and the other authors numerous times. They were wonderful.

THE BOOK FAIR IS A FUNDRAISER FOR LIBRARY SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS FOR STATE LIBRARIES. I CONSIDERED IT A PRIVILEGE TO BE A PART OF THIS ACTIVITY.


No comments: