Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CANDIDATES FOR 2010 ELECTION: KENTUCKY U.S. SENATOR


CANDIDATES FOR 2010 KENTUCKY U.S. SENATOR

GUESS WHICH CANDIDATE DID NOT SEND A RECIPE FOR THE NEW KENTUCKY CELEBRITY COOKBOOK!

Three months ago, I attended the Fancy Farm Picnic. All four of the candidates running for Senator in 2010 were there and gave speeches.

It had so much fun! I did a blog on the picnic, as I am working on 2 more cookbooks, another one for Kentucky, and one on Celebrities from Tennessee.

I wanted recipes from each of the candidates. I had an opportunity to speak with each of them and their staff. They all promised to send recipes. The staff ask me to send them reminders, which I did.

I really wanted recipes from each of them as I had recipes in the first cookbook from Senator Mitch McConnell, Governor Steve Beshear, and all of the Kentucky U. S. Representatives.

Here are the results:

Attorney General Jack Conway and his wife Elizabeth sent a recipe for “Pork, Chicken, and Sausage Jambalaya

Secretary of State Trey Grayson sent a recipe that his wife makes. Nancy Grayson’s Artichoke Dip

Lt. Governor Dan Mongiardo likes to cook and sent a recipe with Venison. Dr. Dan’s Deerly Loved Lasagna

And Dr. Ron Paul son of former Presidential Candidate Rand Paul… Well! We are still waiting.

Probably no one politically connected reads this blog, but if they did, it would be interesting to hear some comments on why they think he and his staff promised to send a recipe and did not follow through.

It is a minor thing, but the cookbooks are used as fundraisers for non-profit organizations and it would have been encouraging to know that all the candidates followed through on their promises. Especially since, we were not asking for money or political favors.

I HAVE FAITH! I THINK HE WILL COME
THROUGH WITH A RECIPE!

No comments: